Volunteer Opportunities in Northeast Minneapolis
Edison High School is looking for volunteers!
Applicants must complete an application, pass a background check, and attend an orientation.
- Math- Assist ELL (English Language Learner) students in their math concepts class during 5th hour (12:07-12:52 p.m.) and 6th hour (1:26-2:11 p.m.) Volunteers do not need high level of math knowledge. He/she needs to be patient.
- Chinese- Aide to teacher during 2nd hour (9:00-9:45 a.m.) or 4th hour (11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) 1-2 days a week preferablyTuesday-Thursday. Volunteer to work one-on-one with students who need extra attention. Teacher will provide training and will ask volunteer to observe at least two classes prior to starting.
- Chemistry- Assist ELL (English Language Learner) students in chemistry during 6th hour (1:20-2:10 p.m.). Volunteers to help explain directions and assist with labs.
- Science- Assist teacher with data collection interfaces, cleaning/organizing lab equipment, etc.
- History- Assist ELL (English Language Learner) students in their U.S. History class during 5th hour (12:37-1:22 p.m.)
- ESL- Assist ESL teacher with student support and tasks.
- MYP Fair- Fairs in late March. Volunteers needed to help with set up, scoring, etc. Exact dates TBD.
- Personal project- Assist student in our DCD program with a personal project about internet safety. Once a week during 7thhour (2:15-3:00 p.m.)
- College application/FAFSA assistance- Volunteer with SHARP seniors on completing college applications and FAFSA. Support needed in navigating these websites. Volunteer can assist during student’s study hall hour or advisory.
For more information, contact Christie Roiz-Guevara at Christie.Roiz-Guevara@mpls.k12.mn.us or 612-668-1307.
Get Involved with East Side Neighborhood Services
There are lots of opportunities to get involved with East Side Neighborhood Services. To get started, contact Mary at email@example.com or (612) 787-4033.
Reading Partners Twin Cities is seeking volunteer tutors at Northeast College Prep.
Our volunteers make a lifelong impact on a child who struggles with reading. We currently have more than 30 students at Northeast College Prep waiting for a tutor!
- Give as little as one hour a week (we welcome more, if you are able)!
- Tutoring takes place Monday-Thursday during school hours (8:20am-2:55pm).
- Follow a highly effective, structured and easy-to-use curriculum.
- No formal teaching experience is required. Volunteers must be 14 or older.
For more information, please visit our website at http://readingpartners.org or contact Kelly Rynda, Reading Partners’ Volunteer Coordinator for NECP, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (952) 297-5934. See a complete list of our locations here: http://readingpartners.org/location/twin-cities/schools/.